Glutamine in a supplemental form can be helpful in the treatment of arthritis, autoimmune disease, fibrosis, intestinal disorders, peptic ulcers, connective tissue disease such as polymyositis, scleroderma and tissue damage due to radiation treatment for cancer. It enhances mental functioning and has been used to treat a range of problems, including developmental disabilities, epilepsy, fatigue, impotence, depression, schizophrenia, and senility. It preserves glutathione in the liver and protects that organ from the effects of acetaminophen overdose. It enhances antioxidant protection. It decreases sugar cravings, the desire for alcohol and is useful for recovering alcoholics.
The following are additional benefits for Glatamine
- Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the muscle of the body. It plays an important role in promoting muscle protein synthesis, counteracting muscle catabolism, and supporting the immune system.
- Glutamine in its “amino acid chelated form” can pass through the blood brain barrier. It is known as brain fuel. In the brain, glutamine is converted into glutamic acid, which is essential for cerebral function. It also increases the amount of GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid), which is needed to sustain proper brain function and mental activity.
- Glutamine neutralizes acidosis in the intestinal tract.
- Glutamine enhances intestinal absorption of nutrients, and can act as an energy source.
- Glutamine optimizes the stimulation of HGH production in the pituitary gland and causes its prolonged distribution throughout the body.
- Glutamine assists in maintaining the proper acid/alkaline balance in the body.
- Glutamine is the basis of the building blocks for the synthesis of RNA and DNA. It promotes mental ability and the maintenance of a healthy digestive tract.
- Glutamine is found in large amounts in the muscles and is readily available when needed for the synthesis of skeletal muscle proteins.
- Glutamine stimulates the secretion of growth hormone.
- Glutamine when taken as a supplement it helps to prevent the kind of muscle-wasting that can accompany prolonged bed rest or disease such as cancer and AIDS.
Although it is known that Glutamine supports the functioning of vital organs and systems, providing bioavailable glutamine in a supplemental form has always been a problem. The free-from glutamines and L-glutamines available in most health food stores are not stable and decompose readily in the digestive tract and are, therefore, unable to sufficiently provide the benefits listed above except in large dosages with some possible toxic build up. Due to a recent patented breakthrough of a new stabilized form of the glutamine molecule, studies show that it can remain stable in solution and is readily assimilated into the mucosal cell. This ability alone to increase recovery of the muscle tissue is a phenomenal step forward in being able to build the lean muscle and tissue.
MFB Maintain-Fortify-Build is an amazing supplement in supporting the body in all that is thrown at it in today’s fast paced world.